I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
What we need
Shetland Triathlon Club is an amateur sports club with a committee of members which are decided on at the Annual AGM. The Shetland Triathlon Club is affiliated to Triathlon Scotland the national governing body for the sport of triathlon
Shetland Triathlon Club will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us [in membership form or through entering events on entry central] unless otherwise stated.
When you register as a member of Shetland Triathlon Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 16), we will ask you for the following personal information:
* Contact details– name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth.
* Emergency contact name and number.
* Allergies/medical conditions which affect training
* Occupation/Skills could help with running Shetland triathlon club
When you volunteer with Shetland Triathlon Club, we will ask you for the following personal information:
* Contact details – name, email address, phone number.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
* Provide you with core member services, including times of training and events
* Send you membership communications email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to general meeting notices, membership renewals, and membership fees’ information.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
When you book a place with us for and attend a coaching course, competition, event, training course, we need to collect your personal information so that we can honor your booking and to enable you to participate in the course, competition, or event.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this make affect our ability to book your place.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Members’ personal data:
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
* Promote and encourage participation in triathlon by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events
may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes.
* Provide competition in triathlon by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category.
* Invite our members as award winners or guests to our annual awards at the AGM meeting, which includes asking our members to nominate individuals for an award and shortlisting such individuals to select the winners, who we will then contact by email
* Develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed any mandatory training and PVG / child protection requirements;
* Respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to triathlon. we will
use your personal information to investigate your complaint, to suspend membership, take disciplinary action.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Volunteers’ personal data:
We will need to collect personal information relating to criminal convictions or alleged commission of criminal offences where you are required to complete a PVG check under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. This information will include your PVG certificate number, PVG membership number, date of issue and any relevant information in relation to your membership of the PVG Scheme.
If your PVG certificate is not clear, we will have a legitimate interest to collect references and any other applicable information to allow us to consider whether or not you can volunteer in
a regulated role with children and/or vulnerable adults.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on email@example.com. If we comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a volunteer.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members, volunteers, participants for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
* The Companies Act 2006 / Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 to maintain a register of our members, which includes our members’ name, address, the date they were admitted to membership and the date on which they ceased to be our member[, and hold general meetings, including issuing notices and voting arrangements.
* The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults;
* [the Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary];
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. For example Triathlon Scotland seek nonmembers names and emails for marketing purposes, Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this with local media for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organizations to comply with statutory obligations.
Such organizations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
As an affiliated club of Triathlon Scotland we are required to ensure that all of our membership numbers are submitted annually as a condition of our affiliation.
We will share your name and membership category who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. Triathlon Scotland privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed here [http://www.triathlonscotland.org/wp-content/uploads/Triathlon-Scotland-Privacy-Notice-Members-Volunteers.pdf].
Athletes’ / Participants’ personal data
We publish the results of our competitions on our website. This includes competitors’ name, sex, and result.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK, and is accessed by our committee for the purposes set out above.
We are required to transfer your personal information outwith the EU for the purposes of entering athletes into competitions such as Island Games, booking travel arrangements for training camps
. Where your personal information is transferred outwith the EU, we will provide you with information regarding the safeguards that we have put in place with the recipient country to protect your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
Members’ personal data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 5 years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Shetland Triathlon club and for how long. We need to do this to comply with the Companies Act 2006, which requires us to keep a register of members or in the event of a claim against Shetland Triathlon Club.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
* You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
* if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
* you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
* If you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Shetland Triathlon Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Consent section for privacy notice
Why we need your personal information – marketing.
Where you are happy for us to do so, we would like to contact you by email with information about Triathlon, our latest news and upcoming events / competitions / courses.
If you would like to receive email communications from us, please select from the following options below:
Information about triathlon; latest news and upcoming events
Any marketing material to promote the club or Triathlon Scotland
Once you submit your preferences to us, we will send you an email to confirm these. Please note that we will not email you with any information until you have confirmed your preferences by responding to our email.
You may change your preferences at any time or request that we stop sending you email communications by contacting us at email@example.com
There is also an ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every email communication we send.